AGL is developing a 200MW (58 Wind Turbine) Windfarm in Silverton, NSW.
The power generated by this wind farm will connect to the Transgrid 220kV network in Broken Hill, approximately 25km from the wind farm substation.
Fellow Quanta Services Company – Consolidated Power Projects (CPP) have been engaged as the principal contractor by Transgrid for the 220kV Sub Station and Transmission Line Construction works required to connect the wind farm to Transgrid network.
NJ Construction have been engaged by CPP to design and construct the transmission line.
Scope of work includes:
- Powerline Design and Review
- Clearing & Access Track Preparation
- 25km of 220kV Transmission Line Construction on steel monopole structures, and
- Test & Commission
- The project has presented considerable challenge with hard rock being found in the majority of foundation locations. This has required NJC to redesign and certify foundations at short notice and use a variety of means to excavate foundations.
- The remote location of this project has presented challenges in terms of logistic support. This has led NJC to develop plans that take into account the long lead times to deliver items as well as the capacity limitations of local suppliers.
Timing: Project Commenced Sept 2017
Completion: Early 2018
- Renewable Energy Project
- High Voltage Overhead Infrastructure
- Design & Construct